Dev:Translating the mod
From Valkyrien Skies
First of all, thank you so much for translating! It's really appreciated. If you need any assistance, contact User:Rubydesic or one of the developers on Discord.
- To begin translating the mod, you first need a GitHub account.
- Find the ISO 639-1 language code (2 letters) of the language you are translating and the ISO 3166-1 country code (2 letters) of the country that it is spoken in (if applicable)
- Now that you've got a GitHub account, head over to our translations GitHub page.
- Select the branch you want to translate in the top left corner (if you're unsure, select
- Go to
en_US.langand copy all of its contents to your clipboard
- Press "Add Files > Create New File" in the upper-right corner
- Name the file using the language and country code you found in Step #2, for example,
en_US.lang(English, United States variant).
- Paste all the English messages you copied in Step #4
- Translate the messages on the right side of the equals sign
- Save all the work you did onto your computer in case GitHub screws something up.
- Press "Commit changes"
(Note: Line starting with "#" are comments, you do not need to translate them)